The end of your pregnancy is approaching and your bundle of joy(s) will soon be here. If you plan to deliver your baby in the hospital, there are some essential items you should take with you to make your birthing experience run a little more smoothly.
- Maternity notes – you’ve needed them for every appointment so far
- 2x nightdresses – one for labour, one for postlabour
- House slippers – for comfortable walking around the hospital
- Headscarf/hairbands – so your hair is not all over the place
- 2x nursing bras
- Breast pads – your nipples will leak I’m afraid
- Nipple cream – incase you have dry nipples
- Large Cheap/Disposable knickers – by the time you’re done, they will need to go in the bin.
- Maternity sanitary towels – bring a whole pack or two
- Toiletries – in travel size
- Lip balm – your lips are likely to get dry during labour
- A going home outift – something loose and comfortable
- Small pack of newborn nappies
- 3x bodysuits
- 3x sleepsuits with integrated scrath mitts
- 1x going home outfit
- 1x pair of socks/booties
- 1x hat
- Muslin squares – to help with burping and cleaning any baby sick
- Gentle wipes
- Cotton balls
- Nappy cream
- Carseat – many hospitals wont let you leave without one
- Jacket/Snowsuit – if it’s chilly outside
- Snacks and Drinks
- Phone Charger
- Books/ Magazines/Tablet/Laptop.
Try to have your hospital bag packed by 35weeks and in the car boot/hallway so it’s one more thing out of the way.
As always, thank you for reading.